strykerpsg
Loader

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I have Vista

Made a reinstall about 15-18 month ago.

I have antivirus and firewall. Have never beeen attacked, my firewall have now and then blocked some IP-address.

When I play I have only wmp or yourtube running(listening to a book)

Yesterday I found a way to get the game to run a little smoother-not having so many object in the air(not having 10 or 20 B52 in the air at the same)and only send 1 or 2 Harpoon .

I'm playing Wargasm and I had every B52 and tanker in the air-game keeps freeze therefore only 2-4 airplane in the air.

Have just been reading this:
"No-pulse time mode is the default setting. When using time acceleration (particularly at high values, e.g. 1:30 seconds or 1:1 minute) the map updates much more smoothly and the user experience is significantly improved. However this option requires a fast computer, and older computers may experience lags."

Until now I had my settings on no-pulse and my computer is from 2010.

Markus
IF you have the funds available, I highly recommend an upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate. I also ran Vista during beta and saw similar performance issues. Not to say an OS upgrade is a cure all for speed, but Vista doesn't handle multi-tasking as well as WIn7.

Also playing the Wargasm scenario. It's a bit of a draw on my system too, though have found grouping my B-52's as opposed to single ships all flying to the same release point a bit easier. Then, ungroup them to send to various targets. On a side note, it's a bit un-balanced on the number of missiles the Russians have versus the 92nd. I won't tell you how many, but it's a tough scenario to win and haven't beaten it yet, after 4 attempts.

Good luck with it and let me know your outcome. I'm curious if you can beat it or at least not loose many of your city markers.
strykerpsg is offline   Reply With Quote