View Single Post
Old 09-01-14, 01:19 AM   #30
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
half the job of a BB is to be a "threat in being" such as Bismark and Tirpitz; tying up much of the enemy's attention and resources. ; suitably cruise-missile equipped and a carrier group or two just over the horizon for an ambush as needed. A little old-school OOOMPH in the RIMPAC exercise IMHO Nothing Lord Nelson couldn't tackle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
AS much as I love the big ships I can't see one ever being viable again unless we need a big target to float around.
Precisely! Luring the Persian fleet into at Salamis, to the old lure and bait cruiser tactics of Hipper vs. Beatty in WWI leading to Jutland; and the pre-Pearl Harbor picket island Pacific plans of Yamamoto and Kimmel culminating in Midway...nothing new really, just the biggest bang platforms ever invented with air cover to wipe out whatever ventures forth to assert its ambitions ...probably resulting in the battle of Taiwan...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote