View Single Post
Old 08-28-14, 01:16 AM   #203
Splinter48708
Watch

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka Ragnos View Post
And what were the circumstances when you lost those 2 periscopes?
I'm not sure, to be honest. With my luck, one of the torpedoes looped around and slammed into me. I didn't know at the time that they are acoustic homers. Nice to have, as long as one remembers to hit "all stop", then, loose the torpedo and cross your fingers it hears the enemy boat. Then again, the impact is something to behold as it can throw a destroyer out of the water.

What gets me is I have a mega-mod installed (Fall of the Rising Sun) and there's one freighter there that cannot be hit. Torpedoes go through it like it isn't there and I even rammed it with the Typhoon and...nothing. It can fire and HIT me, but, to my weapons, regardless of ship, it's a ghost ship.

I love those very high speed initial torpedoes, though. I did a single mission with the Bismarck...two of those puppies killed the battleship. Once the engines stopped, my homing torps went over 6000 yards and killed a friendly...Oooops!!!

I'm not complaining, though. Fall of the Rising Sun ruined my other homing torpedoes and turned them into straight line/1500 yard or less solution. The Typhoon at least restored some homing torpedoes
Splinter48708 is offline   Reply With Quote