Thread: way too hard!
View Single Post
Old 08-23-14, 07:12 AM   #11
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 303
Uploads: 0

I have yet to play in 1942 situations. So I'm not saying I know how to avoid getting killed in that time frame. But it seems to me with time compression you are giving away every chance of responding in time to the actions of the enemy. Of course you know that if you increased speed the AI can detect that. And if you forget that while using TC, you give away plenty of time for them to notice it. Once they find you again they are as motivated to kill you as from the beginning. Don't give away your mistakes.

I don't know (and wasn't implying either) that using timecompression is like a "he's here!"-buoy popping up on the surface for the AI. Maybe it gives unfair advantage to the AI in this game, maybe and hopefully it does not. But in the interest of making it easier for yourself, and less easier for them, I suggest that you at least moderate the TC level. (you haven't said what level yet) Don't TC until you are sure that no depthcharges are dropped (or well behind you) and he is only searching. And then only use moderate TC levels until you are totally clear.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote