View Single Post
Old 08-22-14, 09:13 PM   #3321
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by moha14881 View Post
How to change the tool helper??? The stock has confused me???
Don't understand the question

Let's talk about how the player's crew repairs damage. For one, it's severely lacking and oversimplified Quite frankly, it sucks big time It needs a major overhaul

Every 7.373 seconds the repair damage timer fires. Remember this number. The game then iterates through all the compartments defined in ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc file. Each compartment then iterates through all of the equipment, crew, weapons, etc. contained in them. If the game finds that an item has damage (damage > 0.0 - damage is 0-1.0 value) it then calculates the efficiency multiplier (most of the time it's 1.0 - could be less but never seen it more than 1.0) and multiplies the efficiency multiplier by the 7.373 number (this is the timer fire value). That result is then divided by 3600 (3600 seconds to an hour). That result is then subtracted from the current damage to the item resulting in it's new damage value (less than before). That's it Are you serious? That's the best the devs could do for crew repairing damage to items????

Realize that every 7.373 the crew tries to repair EVERYTHING that is found to be damaged. That is not even close to being anything near realistic. I would expect something like this for a Nintendo DS or something similar but for a game marketed as a simulator? I'm about to have a fit of rage!

Ok, we see what crap we were dealt now let's talk about how we are going to fix it I have a couple of ideas but let's see what you all have for ideas.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote