Old 08-20-14, 11:46 AM   #734
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon81 View Post
Hi vdr1981,

I need your help please to set this to 200m.
What file do I have to edit and what editor tool do I need?
That's easy: open Zones.cfg in notepad and look for a damage zone definition whosr 'crash depth' property is set to about 110-120 (there won't be many). You can change this setting to whatever you want.

On a side note: the KDB was actually subject to malfunctioning when exposed to high pressures, and the 110 m figure was taken from historical sources. Nonetheless, the KDB was never fitted alone, but together with a traditional GHG set which wasn't affected by the same problem. KDB and GHG had different detection ranges, arcs and accuracies, and were used together for better results (the KDB alone would have been pretty useless, due to its short detection range).
Unfortunately the game has problems at handling more than one hydrophone at one time, and as such the KDB upgrade is modelled in game as a single hydrophone set with 'extra powers'. One of the side effects of this poor implementation, is that if you loose the KDB, your u-boat will be deaf until the next patrol, whereas in reality the GHG could have been used sparingly as a stand-alone sensor
gap is offline   Reply With Quote