View Single Post
Old 08-17-14, 06:37 PM   #942
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoi View Post
Seems to be running good, really liking this mod. Can someone tell me what I need to be able to have my weapons officer calculate ship distances? I need to enable hitman optics, no? Right now I have hitman optics for GWX, but I cant seem to find it for NYGM unless this file I already have is also for NYGM. I really need to figure this out though because I have no desire to manually calculate distances, Thanks.

Here's what mods I have enabled right now:
Hitman Optics NYGM 3.6 (Fixed) is in the Documentation folder of NYGM 3.6D. But it won't give you a weapons officer who will calculate range for you. As Hitman explains in the documentation for Hitman Optics, Uboats commissioned during the war, and even pre-war Typ VIIs, didn't have a stadimeter. It was removed to allow room for stereo optics, which the KM felt were more useful (but are useless to us.). His sources are the original German documentation and an examination of surviving U-boat optyics in European museums. Hitman documents the technique RL U-boat skippers used to estimate range and AoB with the graticle in the scopes and UZO . It's actually not hard to do with a little practice, faster than a stadimeter and about as accurate, though it does involve calculating some numbers in your head. But that is how they did it.

With the exception of Hitman's GUI and Hitman's Optics, every other GUI mod I've seen incorporates a stadimeter. Most players like 'em. Only a few of us hard-core authenticity freaks use graticles.

Last edited by BigWalleye; 08-17-14 at 07:10 PM.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote