View Single Post
Old 03-22-06, 10:42 AM   #6
Jamie
Sonalysts Inc.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
From the debates in DW-forum we know that things easily could get hot, so please everybody: do not let this happen here. Since tanksim.com and subsim.com are partner sites, both DW and SBP forums will live under the same roof in this place. Let it be a peaceful coexistence, please.

For that reason I would like to no longer participate in this dicussion myself anymore, and do not post my criticism in the DW-section anymore, since months. So, everyone: feel free to keep on discussing this topic as long as it does not turn too hot, but please understand that I stay away from it, for the most.
Skybird,

My only reason for posting this thread was entirely based upon my "perception" of what you considered to be a lackluster support of our products. Any of your posts in re: to the various bugs/defects in DW have never been questioned by me. You have always been very specific and detailed about your displeasures with the product and that is your right to do so - you (and others) paid very good money for your copy of DW.

However, when you question (what I consider to be) my work ethic and my desire to support our customer base (and my desire for the very best for Dangerous Waters and the DW community) I take it a little personally.

I've sacrificed a tremendous amount of my own "personal time" (as have the devs at eSim, I am sure) for the sake of a project that I take great pride in, and sometimes I feel as though you lose sight of that. Many game PC simulation developers are under tremendous pressure to keep costs down and to maintain a sensible budget for what has been a rapidly diminishing rate of return on their investment (SH3 is the exception, not the rule).

So if it takes many months between patches, maybe you should consider the fact that it is because the developers are doing it on their own time and for the benefit of their existing customers (which includes those who constantly critique them). And these same customers are the often those who take for granted the developer's efforts and lose sight of the financial situation that PC simulations currently reside.

With that, I wish eSim the very best of luck with their latest venture and I hope that they succeed well beyond their goals. If anyone understands the challenges that lie before them it is me, and I hope that they are able to overcome them with their sanity intact. :P

Very best,
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote