View Single Post
Old 07-08-14, 12:46 PM   #225
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Good kings and Commodores -bad Presidents and fleeting success

1663: King Charles II grants a Royal Charter to Rhode island(success) 1776: Col. John Nixon reads the Declaration of Independence publically in front of Independence Hall, Philadelphia for the first time (relative success) 1853: Commodore Matthew Perry arrives in Yedo Bay, Japan to initiate diplomatic and trade relations with Japan. I own two Subaru Forresters and two Toyotas and have loved a Honda '76 CVCC...and sushi(big success) 1919: President Woodrow Wilson arrives home from the Versailles Peace Conference to big welcome in the 'Big Apple'(failure) 1947: Demolition begins to make way for the United Nations Headquarters in the 'Big Apple'- should have been Bin Laden's preferred target! (Failure) 1950: President Harry S. Truman appoints General Douglas MacArthur...Commander in Chief of United Nations Forces in Korea-sacking him 9 months later (failure) Versailles was a truce, The DMZ in Korea is a truce... Both haunt us to this day from the middleast to the orient! PS: 1889: First publication of the Wall Street Journal in the 'Big Apple"(success) Any financial decisions made by me ba$ed on it...!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 07-08-14 at 01:28 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote