View Single Post
Old 06-21-14, 05:19 AM   #244
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenex View Post
Hello I am new to the forums but I have been playing and really enjoying sub commander, and so I have a suggestion. Because it's possible for the sub to be invincible I think it might be worth it to include a life bar kinda like the one in the ftl.
Hi Fenex, welcome! It's a good suggestion and one I've thought about a lot in the past. I don't really want to add something as game-y as hit points but you're right, something definitely needs to change because at the moment the sub is invincible if you stay on the surface.

For the next version I've made it so that the water level outside your sub is always 200cm, even when surfaced, meaning it's always possible to be sunk if you take hull damage. It's not a perfect solution but I think it's an improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango589 View Post
I can't wait for v0.24, each version is more awesome than the last!

At what point will this be released as v1.0?

Is there any help that can be rendered to an irradiated crew member, so they recover, or do you just lock them in the galley until they expire? At least you could have an irradiated crew member in each compartment to provide pleasant green emergency lighting (although the buzzing coming from them may put some of the less stoic crews' teeth on edge).
When will it reach version 1.0? At this rate, about 4 more years. But who knows! I don't have a timeline for this, I'll keep developing it as long as I have time and motivation.

There's nothing you can do for irradiated crew at the moment, soon I'll add some kind of antiradiation drugs for treating mild exposure. The best thing you can do currently is return to port and refit (the crew will be treated at a hospital).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayCommander View Post
New suggestion! After accidentally leaving the main induction valve open while submerging, my entire sub flooded, and everyone drowned. The sub sank about 20K feet down to the bottom of the ocean. Then nothing. Maybe you should add the feature where if your sub goes too deep, water pressure destroys it?
This is already in the game... in fact, it's one of the first things I coded back in version 0.01. The pressure hull will be crushed at between 300-350m, damaging most of the hull tiles and causing major flooding. I don't know why it didn't affect your sub in this case - I just tested it again to make sure there's no bugs and it all seemed to be working.

edit: I think I see what you mean, the sub will never get completely destroyed no matter how deep you go. But all the tiles will be damaged and the crew will quickly drown, so the end result is the same... maybe one day I'll make it so the sub is properly crushed.

Last edited by TheGeoff; 06-21-14 at 05:30 AM.
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote