Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 06-20-14, 01:45 PM   #158
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The "B&C" is primarily meant to help against deer, no matter the zone. It lowers scent, sighting and noise effects.

The "3D Sneaky" is visual camouflage against eye-scanning species: foxes, turkey, but it does help not in becoming more silent or supressing scent, also, you need to be in the woods - on the open fields of Loggers Point it helps little again. That is why Hirschfelden has two such combos, one is for hunting in the forest, the othert for roaming on the open field.

The blazing orange looks great, too, but is one of the clothing items with no functionality.

Too much of that is money milking. I admit, I spent on several such kits, but that is because I know that it is money milking, and I am a little bit crazy about this game. Since I know both, I do not complain for being ripped off. It was my free choice to allow it.

I use to dress up now like I feel that day without caring for the effects, I use scent supressor spray. Only when I go for bow hunting I wear much 3D Sneaky clothing, because bows I prefer to shoot at as shortest distances possible, to increase their - imo too weak - penetration. So, when I want to get really real close I use it, else I wear what I like.

The English Wiki has a table comparing the clothing and the strength of its effects.

Some outfits look real cool if combined with non-functional parts.

The greater the engagement distance, the less important the clothes are, I would say. Just the sharp eyes of rabbits, pheasants, turkeys, coyotes and foxes should not be underestimated.

I will play a session shortly. So again I aj confronted with the very old question: what should I wear this evening?