View Single Post
Old 05-13-14, 02:15 PM   #515
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Known issue due to "docked" status of AI unit. Trevally decided to place docked destroyers in various ports after all but their purpose is just "cosmetical", nothing more...Thats why I stopped to make any harbor raids at all, long time ago. I suggest you to do the same...

I placed docked unit in harbours where they are tied to the piers. If I did not do this (even with speed set a zero) they would just start sailing away as soon as you click start campaign.

There are in nearly all harours, traffic set to come and go. Also most will have a dedicated patrol force.

Please do not get the above mixed with the known issue where fully controlled active AI units will just get stuck and not be able to re-act.

In the case stated by oLe2, two DDs are set as active within the BB group where the group leader (BB) is docked. This is causing the DDs to be docked also - with the purpose that they will active if the group leaded dies or the bug gets fixed.

How you play the sim is up to you, but harbour raiding is still a valid part of the game in most cases and I have had many a nervous moment trying to escape ports.