Old 04-22-14, 12:30 PM   #3200
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I don't get your following point
Stock SeaParameters.cfg only contains wave settings for winds up to 15 m/s. The same goes for all the wave mods released so far. I don't get from where your patch reads wave settings relative to winds higher than than 15 m/s

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
There are 4 sea types defined. You cannot add more as the game only reads in the first 4 (0-3). That's a hard coded 4 sea types.
Following the Beaufort scale, I was planning to create a SeaParameters.cfg file with at least 13-14 sea types. Is there a way you can patch the game to accept more sea types than the stock 4?

On a side note: by any chance have you stumbled upon the random function which generates current wind speeds? I would like to know how it looks like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammel View Post
@gap it would be awesome if you manage to make zones around shore and esp. harbous with calmer seastates. It' anoys me most when my boat is hopping up and down due to high seastate in bunker.
However I guess this is much work.
I have already created something like that for German ports. Doing the same for other areas might require several hours of work on the climates zones tga map though.

Quote:
I'll play aound with the files in ENV folder a little for myself to see some effect inn campaign. Will only alter the *_Hur.cfg files to keep the randomness and don't make it look silly.
Okay
In order to further increase randomness I would also extend the wind ranges of other weather zones by keeping, if possible, average wind unvaried. If for instance we had a zone/season with min and max wind speeds respectively of 13 and 15 m/s (average: 14 m/s), we should change the wind settings into 0 and 28.

Quote:
]Can you give me a hint about the SeaParameters.cfg?
I think sober is the one among us who knows most about the various wave parameters. All I know about them (see below) is desumed by common sense:

Code:
[SeaType #]
WindSpeed= the wind speed that each sea type applies to
ScaleX= main wave width. In game units? (1 unit = 10 m)
ScaleY= main wave height
ScaleZ= main wave length
ScaleNormal= ?  
BumpScaleU= how many times waves' bump map (which file is that?) is sampled over a square of sea surface  (in width) (?)
BumpScaleV= how many times waves' bump map is sampled over a square of sea surface (in length) (?)
NormalSharpness= ?
BumpScale= the size of the sea surface square that the bump map is sampled on (in game units?)
BumpStrength= bump map sharpness?
FarWavesScale= this could be a wave scale (X, Y, and Z) modifier, applied to waves far from player's sub (?)
FarWavesStrength= this could be a wave strength (the force applied to seagoing vessels) modifier, applied to waves far from player's sub (?)
FresnelBias= applies to water reflections
FresnelPower= applies to water reflections
LargeWavesArmonics= max number of large waves travelling in a string (?)
LargeWavesCoef= ?
SeaSpeed= how fast waves are travelling compared to wind speed (?)
WaveChoppinessFactor= self explanatory
ReflectionIntensity= self explanatory
ReflectionDeformation= self explanatory
TransparencyDistance=?
TransparencyDistanceUnder= ?
SpecGlossiness= specular reflections glosiness
SpecIntensity= specular reflections strength
SpecSpread= specular reflections angle of spread (?)
UnderSpecGlossiness= ?
UnderSpecIntensity= ?
ExtraSpecGlossiness= ?
ExtraSpecIntensity= ?
ExtraSpecSpread= ?
HeightColorFactor= ?

[SeaFoamParameters]
UseSlope= this must be a boolean parameter
IncreaseSpeed= ?
DecreaseSpeed= ?
IncreaseAngleMin= ?
IncreaseAngleMax= ?
TextureScale= the scale of the texture used for sea foam (makes bubbles bigger/smaller)
MaskTextureScale= ?
AnimationSpeed= the speed of foam's animation
WindSpeed= this is probably the wind speed at which white caps become noticeable on the sea surface
I wish someone could complete my parameters descriptions and/or correct any misinterpretation by me.

Quote:
How this file is corresponding with the WetTropS_Hig.cfg and the others in the folder?
Weather type cfg files (WetTropS_Hig.cfg, etc.) contain weather change intervals and wind ranges for each season/zone set in the ClimateZones.tga map. How each wind speed will affect ocean waves is determined by SeaParameters.cfg. The latter applies to all the weather zones/seasons.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote