View Single Post
Old 03-24-14, 06:00 PM   #174
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx_Killer View Post
I would seriously look at Mossberg. I have a 500, so it doesn't shoot 3.5" shells. However, you can get a 535 which is a 500 that can shoot 3.5" shells. Mossberg also has the pump 835 Ulti-Mag and the autoloading 935 if you want to go that route.
I don't know what it is about Mossberg...but I just get completely turned off to their products. I might consider looking at the 535.

I'll have to look at prices for the autoloaders. I think if I had to get an autoloader I'd still go with a Super Black Eagle II. I asked my friend today if I could play with his Remington 887 for a little bit sometime soon.

Quote:
I've also read good things about the 835 and 935 if you want to go that route. You can't go wrong with any of the options you're looking at. If you can, check them all out and choose which one you like the best.
I would LIKE to go that route....just get a semiauto gun from the get-go... However they all seem to be crazy expensive. Even with the SBE, I would really be very reluctant to drop more than 800$ on a shotgun. The Remington 11-87 is supposed to be an affordable alternative to the higher quality brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I have the Mossberg 590 Police Special. It's 9 shot tube more than makes up for a 3" chamber I think.
I think if I'm going to get a second shotgun it would be the Magpul Tactical 870 that Remington has here.

That would be a pretty good "just goofing off" or squirrel gun.

Or I would look at the Benelli M3/M4 lines if I was feeling like dropping 2000$