View Single Post
Old 03-17-14, 02:41 PM   #11
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

And, after testing with the KONGO blockading the narrows south of Corregidor in the "Gone Asiatic" career mod, I bit the bullet and opened all the UStorpedoes ZON DAT SIM files to dope out which was the mark 14 and what the numbers were besides 0x8f346dcc43bfbcb2 which tells me nothing except what alphanumeric soup to look for in some other file. The one I THINK is the mark 14 has this;

EF (damage) 120-180
Radius 3-7

Closed to 700 yards and started shooting, he saw the wake after I fired #2 so he wound it up and popped the clutch. Waited until he hit 20 knots and fired the remaining two near the bow, which hit near the stern since he was still accelerating. 800 hit points for KONGO, so 2 hits = 240 to 360 - figure an average of 300, so 500 HP remaining. IF he settled to the critical depth then at 0.3 per second (20HP per minute) then all the hit points should be gone at around 25 minutes after the settling. Waited 30.

View from astern, slight list to port and settled by the stern.

Up at the bow the dark stripe indicates the normal waterline.

Aft end seen from underwater.

BB is set for 5 meters (16.5 feet in real money) so the question is, what we see here more or less than 16.5 feet? Dunno, no idea what the normal freeboard would be for a KONGO, but my opinion the benchmark for any ship to start getting internal damage from bulkheads collapsing would be waves lapping over some part of the main deck, in other words all freeboard gone from some part of the ship - and this still has a little left at the extreme aft end, so not sinking is probably right.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote