HertogJan
Weps

Downloads: 137
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
Not sure I'm seeing it, what I got;

\data\Library\TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4. dat

And that's all that's in the zip, nothing more, no readme telling me I need an additional file or files from other mods.
Is that file self activating, or does another file need to be edited to call it? I'm not sure how the game works, does it go to the library folder and load any file it finds with a DAT extension, or does it ignore files not on the shopping list? I went ahead and installed it, checked \data\Library\TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4. dat in the test copy of SH4, then watched three US light cruisers and 2 US heavy cruisers hammering away at a Maya heavy cruiser for half an hour. I had three fish left and a battleship coming from the south so I left to deal with that and came back a few hours later to check the Maya.

Six hours later still floating, no settling deeper, no increase in number or size of fires. If that's what the mod is supposed to do I would say it needs some tweaking, assuming it's actually doing anything at all.

Not really sure about the workings of it, all I can say is I intercepted a convoy a while back and hit a Nagara Maru with 2 fish... 2 other were duds so I didn't hit anything ells.. Made a endrun spotted the Nagara Maru trailing the convoy about 8 hours later.

She was still making 9knts and listing but not that much, fires were out too. I figured I'd get her with a MK10 stern torpedo when I finished the rest of the convoy so I carried on.
I steamed ahead of the convoy and as I was making stadimeter readings on the lead vessel I heard a very loud explosion... I turned my scope and saw the remnants of a huge fireball, shortly after the Nagara sunk.

In retrospect, the only thing not there were the fire and smoke...(they were there at first when I hit her but stoped after an hour ot two) which was a shame.
I mean, when a ship explodes after damage from fire there should be fire going somewhere and that should mean smoke... I think

Non the less, it was a awesome experiance

It might have bein a combination of 'Longere Sinking Time' Mod and this one though, who's to say.

You could ask TDW over on SH5 forum, he's still active.

HJ
HertogJan is offline   Reply With Quote