View Single Post
Old 01-23-14, 08:50 PM   #2159
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Okay. In other words, I must always remove manually the 'default' material (from within Wings 3d it is not possible to do it). This would be a minor disturbance but (for the sake of programming cleanness)...

...how hard would be making your application to check actual subset/material linkings instead?
Fairly complicated. Not something I'm interested in tackling currently. Maybe in the future.

The first thing I do when I work in Wings3D is delete the default material or rename it to the name I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Well, just tested the feature with version v_1_1_404_1. Either material properties aren't updated (neither visual nor numeric setting changes), or I am doing something wrong.

Regarding subsets, have you ever seen this post of mine. I might have found and exception to the "max two (textured) materials per mesh"...
I'll look into the material properties and why they aren't updating tomorrow

I'll check out the exception also tomorrow. I impose no limit as to the number of materials you can define for the mesh. Define away!

v1.1.405.1 released. See post #1
This version adds tooltips to the items in the import/export window and also adds a new checkbox to that window that deals with materials. When importing and the new checkbox is checked then the importer will read the MTL file and update all the mesh's materials. When exporting if the new checkbox is checked then the exporter will write a MTL file and everything else needed for the materials.

Movie time Work will continue tomorrow...
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote