View Single Post
Old 01-23-14, 07:46 PM   #2152
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
You know what I need to add to the import window? Whether you want the materials to be updated or not. Currently the importers always update the materials no matter what. If you only want to change the vertex data and nothing else then there's no reason to update the materials. I'll make that change
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I see why your objects 'washed out'. It has to do with your MTL file for the Object13:

Since that mesh only had 1 subset the app used the first newmtl definition it found as the material properties for the mesh when it updated the materials. You have to be careful with Wings3D and materials. That 'default' material will always screw things up!

Once I finish adding the checkbox and code for whether you want the materials updated or not to the import window it will help alleviate this problem of happening when you only want the vertex data updated.
Do you mean that your application reads material properties (i.e. Ka, Kd, Ks, d, Ns, illum, etc) directly from mtl files? So far, when needed, I had to set those properties manually. In other words, diffuse, ambient, reflection, etc. properties of the vanilla materials weren't updted apparently. The one thing which was updated automatically, was the number of subset. What did I miss?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote