View Single Post
Old 01-23-14, 07:07 PM   #2148
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Here's what it looks like rendered in the app with lighting enabled. Ambient light was disabled. I defined 3 lights: a directional (sun), a lightbulb (point), and a searchlight (Spotlight). All were positioned around the boxes.]
Cool! I wonder how I had missed this useful feature before

Quote:
You can see that they are washed out so there is a problem with the normals...
No, normals are okay. How do I know it?

- Wings3d displays the crates correctly.
- If you look closely at the picture at post #2143, the small crates (which I didn't edit) are also washed out, and they use the same material as the big boxes.
- After replacing the corrupt material with a new one, small and big crates looked normal again:

Quote:
it appears or the specular value of the material is way too high. Could be other parameters of the material that are way too high also.
Again, no:

- Before noticing the corruption, I didn't mess with material properties in that file;
- After noticing the corruption, I checked that material properties weren't altered somehow, but the tweaked and a clean copy of the same file had exactly the same settings

Quote:
I found a small problem with the lighting also that I fixed (dealt with when you updated a light). Thus new version coming here very soon.

This also reminds me of something I wanted to add to the lights: a way to 'see' where they are visually in 3D space (along with option to show their defined name). I will add that now.
Good!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote