View Single Post
Old 01-20-14, 04:14 AM   #114
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post
Not had FSX installed for a few months, and not played for a few before that.

What stick are you thinking of? And TrackIR is a must and well worth it.

Honestly, the NEX here on base has some promising decently priced ones, Ill give the names after.

And shame, I need some teachings.. my first flight was horrendous. I forgot how much of a pain it can be sometimes. But I did get it to line up right.

A few things though;

1) I flew from LAX to Las Vegas.. they originally directed me out into the PAcific and never turned me to make a course change, what gives??

2) If I remember correct (im 99% sure I did it right in my approach) but once you get your runway, you tune your NAV 1 freq to that and when they send you in on an approach you'll hit the NAV LOC button so it locks onto the Localizer signal? Once it shows its lined up then descend to 3k ft to intercept the Glideslope from below, now do you hit APP (Approach hold) right as you come up to the GS or as soon as youre good on your localizer??

3) What exactly is the course selector for again?? (Not the autopilot heading selector, but the yellow one) To set the course of the runway you will be landing on right?? Well where do I find that information at??

All in all it was a brutal little flight, thanks to ATC one leg that was supposed to be 5 minutes turned into a 20 minute adventure the wrongway... must say some very unhappy passengers, 40 minutes delayed. Not to mention.. Orbit Airlines is now thinking of suing KLAX ATCs for wasting so much fuel.. its a crazy world we live in.