View Single Post
Old 12-27-13, 02:14 AM   #3470
Wise
Engineer

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
Say what? Hans Witteman and the HAHD team have given you (and me and everyone) everything we've paid for. If you have been harmed in some way by Hans, or deprived of something of real value, please come forward and tell us how and what. If not, why are you criticizing a total stranger who has done nothing to injure you?

Yes, what about it? Have you ever, in your life, started a project and not finished it? Do you have any work, in any area of your life, just sitting there waiting to be finished - on that future day when real life relents and gives you the time? If you don't, then you are certainly better than the rest of us mortals. Good for you. But please have some tolerance for those of us who fail to live up to your standards.

I didn't hear any laughter. Did you hear any laughter? Will you please quote the post where Hans laughs at anyone?

"demagogue: a leader who makes use of popular prejudices and false claims and promises in order to gain power."

Doesn't seem that definition really fits Hans. While he may have arguably made promises he couldn't keep (see above before criticizing), he has not used them to gain power or money or anything else for himself. At best, he got a few strokes from people who liked what he was trying to do and praised him for the effort. Is that what you begrudge him?

Hans Witteman had an idea that may have been bigger than he could execute. He rallied some likeminded folks to his support and they tried to make it work. For now, he has gone in a different direction - although he may return and try to finish this project. Would you prefer that he hadn't tried? Do you seek to discourage others from trying in the future, lest they also fail and receive your scorn? The easiest way to avoid failure is to never even try. I can say that I never failed to produce a megamod, but, since I've never tried, that is a sham boast. As Gretsky said: "I never scored with a shot I didn't take."
Wordplay… Beautifully, but nothing constructive.
"demagogue: a leader who makes use of popular prejudices and false claims and promises in order to gain power." Blah.
Demagoguery - it is simple set oratorical and polemical methods and means to introduce the audience astray. She can chase any target.
--- --- --- --- ---
@Anvart, I see, the word "modesty" ,is not about you.)) Usually, people can prattle only in a lobby. And publicly deceitfully to flatter. And only few are capable to state all truth directly in eyes. As a whole, I am not the supporter of it. Often it happens incorrectly. But when many nuances of doubtful cause are too obvious, and disagree with any logic, such position indisputable it is worthy respect. That you here told, I agree with you, but your opinion I publicly never would' support,if you weren't attacked by windbags.
Here I with you.
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote