Thread: [WIP] FX Update
View Single Post
Old 12-26-13, 04:44 PM   #1158
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

I may be getting a little off topic about CTDs since this is not related directly to FX update. We have talked about CTDs and major mod soups in multiple threads. Many of us are making comments about too too many mods. Now I believe that statement is true, too. I have been testing and retesting JSGME like crazy and it is working smoothly and like it should.

Now every campaign would CTD using silentotto before I changed things in the next paragraph.

Using my modlist plus removing the Shells*.* in above post, at least I do NOT get CTDs using silentotto. One of the mods I took out which could be substantial due to size of file in U-Boat Watch Crew Routine SFX mod, amb_OceanSkyline_Q sound file is 450,000 KB. It does not overwrite anything else.

((Removed AI Sub Crew mod between IRAI and R.E.M by Xrundel TheBeast 1.2. I had to remove silentmichal's 1.2.4 interior mod which was immediately after R.E.M by Xrundel TheBeast 1.2 for silentotto CTDs to finally stop. These were in my previous mod list for many weeks.))

I started happy times and black pit; Yahhhh, both loaded fine at bunker. (The only thing I see different, IIRC, I haven't played game in a month due to too many CTDs,.... the ceiling is blinking on and off. Most obvious near the light next to Harbor Chief and KMO, and light at pennant flag at rear of sub. )

Old references:
Old mod list
PLJ's stubborn attempt to track CTD's

In the past, all my mods worked from previous list, but has soon as I added RSD 5.4 or new than CTDs with silentotto became regular occurrence. I would CTD only with a version VIIC or newer sub type THEN with Mare Nostrum campaign or later campaigns. VIIB or older version subs still worked fine. That is the part that got me stuck, (VIIC or newer sub type) and running in circles trying to solve.

won't be able to test further for another 5 hours +.

Last edited by Mikemike47; 12-27-13 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Added new paragraph between (( and ))
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote