View Single Post
Old 12-06-13, 07:36 PM   #109
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The update arrived here at 16:00 local time. The McLaren MP4 looks nice and drives beastly, its not easy to control it, and it has quite some muscles and no patience with the driver's inabilities. It really is kind of an angry car. A real challenge. Two new Lotusses, well, all I can say is that Lotus and me will not become close friends in this life, I accept their word that they drive and behave realistically, but I take from that that I would not like the real cars as well then. track-wise, it is not so spectacular for my taste, the full Silverstone track is well done, visually, but I just do not like Silverstone but think it is one of the most boring tracks used in racing. Vallelunga Club is a short version of the full track, well-suited for slower cars, maybe the Abarth 500 and the like.

Unfortunately, the announced new reflection shader imo is a mild disaster, it looks hopelessly overdone and artificial, way too much shine and glitter and brightness in the reflections. What were they thinking what they were doing...? I really hope they reverse it, tone it down, whatever. Right now it is two steps backwards, visually. The complaints did not take long to come in, and I think Kunos cannot avoid to take note of them - too many complaints in too short time. Let'S hope they listen. I saw no need to alter the reflection shaders at all, to me they were almost perfect before.

It's beyond me how they could get to that. "Totalaussetzer", we would call that decision in German.

Else, a regular update according to their planning. Cure the reflection frenzy, and we are friends again!