View Single Post
Old 11-24-13, 07:33 AM   #665
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
v5.5 is up and ready to go...Check first post of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Ahooooy Gap!

Any progress with dual hydrophones sensors? I'm still getting the same results...
Well, it is a bit weird: I have added the GHG sensor to the KDB upgrade, and I have set them as default equipments, so to provide an easy way to test them in single mission. Results: on a VIIa boat I can hear with both sensors (gave them different ranges and deaf arcs); my sonarman has no problem reporting a warship within GHG's coverage (range 30km, bearing 90 deg), but he keeps ignoring a Liberty ship which should be well within KDB's range (range 15km, bearing: dead ahead). Both vessels are cruising toward me at full speed. I have not tested other u-boats, or damaged equipment though.

Another weird finding is that Benno's needle sweeping seems not to follow SensorData's 'Bearing' and 'SkipSweep' settings: initially he sweeps a full 360deg arc, but once I click on the hydrophone station and then leave it, he starts skipping ahead and astern arcs. I thought he used GHG SensorData settings at first, but no: no matter what GHG's 'Bearing' and 'SkipSweep' are set to, he keeps skipping the same arcs. This is happening both in stock game (+ my testing mod) and with New UI's

If you want, I can post a link to my testing patch, including the mission I am using
gap is offline   Reply With Quote