View Single Post
Old 11-22-13, 10:53 PM   #18
zygoma
Loader

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0

FWIW, I've never had a Kindle, either, but SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) has a Nook HD+ and can read Kindle stuff, too. She tells me (although I've got no clue about it) that both Nook and Kindle use considerably modified versions of Android O.S.
As part of a phone swap to replace a phone that I'd finally "repaired until it was broken", she ended up with a Samsung S-4 phone and I got a Samsung Tab3 7-inch tablet in a promo bundle. They're similarly equipped with Android.
Both devices came pre-loaded with a Kindle app that lets me log in with my Amazon account info, and I can shop for Kindle pubs that function and display fine.
I'll have to see if there's an executable for my PC, maybe one that works via Google Chrome, or something. Indeed, when I saw the OP here, I had her show me how to work it (some radio tech *I* am, huh? Sheesh....) and the first thing I did was download this eBook. Looks like fun.
I would have thought the tablet would be silent, but there was a low rumbling, not unlike crowd noises in a nearby crowd. That got fixed when SWMBO pointed out that I was moving my lips whilst reading...... I can speed-read about 1,400 wpm, so the hum of my lips was almost a buzz.

Toodles.

7/5 of adults don't understand fractions.

I'm told that two things can be reliably predicted to fail with increasing age. The first is memory. I can't remember the other right now.

Last edited by zygoma; 11-22-13 at 11:10 PM.
zygoma is offline   Reply With Quote