Old 11-19-13, 05:18 PM   #621
insidious
Watch

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataraj View Post
Hello all, Ahoy !

Got the game a few days ago and got most problems sorted out during Naval Academy and my first two career missions. Seems I finally found the place to ask what still baffles me .. so here goes, and I appreciate any and all hints tips or even RTFMs - if you'd be so kind as to tell me which section as the GWX manual is 600pp+ (Ah, yes I am running downloaded SH3 with GWX 3.0 "Gold" installed)

1.Deck Gun: found out the hard way that after "Man Deck Gun" my sailors started happily shooting at a neutral (Swedish)passenger ship. Hm, I had seen the ship runnig all lights and guessed it was neutral. Surfaced only to verify that what I saw in the periscope was indeed a Swedish flag ... I was assuming that "Open Fire" would be a necessary command (and I DID tell them to hold fire after downing my previous victim) How do I assure battle readiness and still be able to decide when shooting starts?

2.Fuel: In Wilhelmshaven, I was assigned grid BF16 and went there going around Scotland and north of Ireland. When it was time to return, I realized I had only 1/3 fuel left so my only option was to return via the Channel. Hm not good as it was already Sept.7 1939. Is it normal to be sent on patrols that are kind of suicidal in the end?

3.Conflicting orders: On that same patrol I receive two radio messages on Sept 8 (while returning and already entering the Channel): "U-47 Return to Kiel" But my mission objective still says: Return to Wilhelmshaven and I am not sure I can make it to Kiel on the fuel I still have. Second message: "Between Faroes and Shetlands: U-47 North third." and in same message: "Between Sehetland and Norway: East third U-47" ... WTF? are these more of those "immersion" messages or am I supposed to follow some kind of orders here?

As you can see, I'm very new to this game, please bear with me
Thanks for still keeping this site active so many years after launch of SH3!

Helmut
Hi nataraj! I am new to this forum but playing the game for some time...
1).....illuminated ships are neutral that's for sure.When you give order "Man Deck Gun" select Hold Fire.Then when you choose a specific target

you have to look through the binoculars and then press

Space button and they will start to shoot at this target.Crew will continue to fire until the target sink or you give the command Hold Fire,or change the target(with binoculars and Space)

2)....if the port are Wilhelmshaven then you use the type 7b.Then I do not understand how your fuel is not enough.......with 7b could cross the Atlantic and almost reach American shores.I guess you're moving at high speed(ahead flank ) and it consumes your fuel faster.My advice is to move on "Ahead Standart" 11-12knots (press 3).When the sea is rough cut speed 4-5knots(press 1) or 9-10knots (press 2) this will not only reduce fuel consumption but also in visual contact you will have more time to react.

3)Radio messages.These messages appear in the game no matter what flotilla play or what number is your boat.They are always the same.Just ignore them

P.S.

Excuse me. English is not my native language so I may have grammatical errors. I hope I helped you.
The goal is to stay alive to continue the fight
insidious is offline   Reply With Quote