View Single Post
Old 09-25-13, 07:51 AM   #159
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
It's the main sub .zon file, SH3zoneCtrl@NSS_Uboat7* , attached to the main object(whole sub).
I wish to have a look into it, but I cannot find it. Can you post a screen capture showing the pump zone selected in Goblin's damage editor?

P.S: have you noticed that the deck gun got a damage box on boat's hull?

Quote:
I haven't spent much time exploring common folder, maybe i should do that, but i tried to merge periscopes gr2 files with their sim files without success, goblin editor crashes....
Yes, noticed it too. I think Goblin doesn't like the PeriscopeStation controller. Anyway you don't need to merge the sim file for assigning a damage box to animated periscope bodies. If you want, I can do it for you.

On a side note: does the damage management window have separate fields for periscope heads and bodies, or they are merged into one equipment with its own damage percent?

Quote:
But, like i said before, i'm pretty much satisfied with current periscopes damage and i don't care so much about menu readings...
You should care. As I have told you, our crew will spend time and morale in fixing broken stuff. It is totally pointless for them to waste their time and morale on periscope damage rapairs which do nothing, while they could just focus on essential (i.e. non-cosmetic) equipment. I am not saying that we can't live with this kind of bug, but imo we should struggle a bit more before giving up

Quote:
I think i already tried that, 10HP or 1000HP, it's the same...
Okay, now try changing the same setting for equipments which have no box of their own

Quote:
I think so...Although, i haven't tested KDB hidrophone so much because i dont know how to add updated hidrophone to the test mission, it's always standard GHG...
You should test in campaign. There's a campaign Trevally has modified for me and Volodya, which allowed us to test various Flaks not easily available in campaign. Its link doesn't work anymore, but hopefully Trevally or Volodya saved the test campaign in their HD's

Quote:
Actually, i expected this kind of behavior...Hydrophones are completely different from the deck gun for example and when crew reporting you bearings and distance, it looks like those readings aren't connected to hydrophone controllers in any case. Example is, you can ask sonarmen for nearest contact even while You using hydrophone and pointing sensors in completely different direction. It's like underwater version of "nearest visual contact" report...
I am afraid you are wrong on this subject. I have worked personally on those controllers, when I and Volodya fixed the broken R.E.M. hydrophones. They affect AI as well as the human player. Maybe, in light of your tests, they are not essential for AI though. You can test it by removing manually all the SensorData controllers owned by hydrophones in UBoot_Sensors.sim. Beware that if you are using the R.E.M. version of the above file, each sensor got three of those controllers IIRC.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote