View Single Post
Old 09-22-13, 02:28 PM   #151
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
no Alberto ,
the solution must be credited to Phillip Thomsen!
story is like this, long time ago someone had told me that the issue is not happening in Thomsen's water and indead that is true. i was trying to see why in PT's mod the issue was cleared and i came to the conclusion that i had to use his waves if i wanted to get rid of the issue. the 'problem' for me was that i found PT's waves very 'unnormal' for my tastes so i let it go back then.
later i noticed ( http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...9&postcount=52 ) that ''...the issue is happening on the big changes of weather...'' and i remembered PT's mod again so i went back and start digging in his waves settings and....bingo !
in PT's mod all values in LargeWavesArmonics are the same and thats exactly the trick !

by setting to all LargeWavesArmonics values (situations [0],[1],[2]) the same value as in the large waves (in situation [3]) the polygon effect is gone once and for all !
Excellent reverse-engineering Manos

OLC once commented on some things he fixed thanks to the patches parameter, and hence the question.

Looking forward to MEP 4.2, as the saying goes at least for me "don't sail out without it"