View Single Post
Old 09-13-13, 02:47 AM   #273
Bothersome
Planesman

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0

I've updated the Iowa ship I posted earlier in Post 269

I got away from using your ship pack's gun files and used the default guns to keep the mod as simple as possible. The gun ranges are from Wikipedia except the AA guns. Those were needed to be a bit shorter to keep from wasting so much ammo yet still be able to shoot down Ducimus' planes.

The accuracy on the 5 inch guns are improved a bit and the accuracy on the 16 inch guns are improves over still. As they were supposed to have pretty good analog computers for the targeting along with radar for targeting. Also the firing rate adjusted to match reality.

The guns in the ship pack had the accuracy turned way up (variance 0.01. Whereas the Iowa has the accuracy at 0.1 for 16 inch guns and 0.25 lat and 0.5 for vertical for the 5 inch guns. Since those still used an optical sight and radar reported the range.

I'm trying to get it to perform realistically as possible. The ammo quantity may be a bit off, due to not finding any info on how much they carried into war. She almost feels like a real simulator of the Iowa now, almost.
Bothersome is offline   Reply With Quote