View Single Post
Old 09-09-13, 10:01 AM   #268
Bothersome
Planesman

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0

This ship pack is the best playable ships for SH4 that works very well in TMO+RSRD. I have not noticed any off behavior with these ships or with the AI (so far). The detection and abilities seem to work as expected.

I have not tried every ship in the ship pack, but I've tried Ise, Northampton, New Mexico, Brooklyn. These ships work very well except one tiny thing that bugs me. The engine sound is way too loud for inside the ship and it cuts out sometimes. But the engine sound comes back after a save. Might just be on my end but something needs to be done to make a less annoying engines sound.

There are two other ships that I'd love to see included in this ship pack that are ALMOST ready. The USS Iowa and the USS North Carolina.

The ships can be found here >> http://www.mediafire.com/folder/4cob...4/Public_Files.

The North Carolina needs Aircraft Guns to be activated and a way to turn the General Quarters alarm off after a successful hit on you has happened. Also the range needs fixing, has way too much I would imagine. It needs bridge and binoculars modes too.

The Iowa needs about 10,000 more nautical miles on its range added (according to wikipedia about range of that ship). The ship pitches and rolls WAY too much for such a large ship. The ship accelerates, turns, and stops way too fast for such a large ship. The General Quarters alarm needs an off command too.

I've tried to fix them but it's beyond my ability. Since you have done such a great job on the ship pack, could you please get these added for us avid SH4 surface commanders? Pretty please, with sugar on top?

Thanks much for your time.

Oh by the way, to make these two other ships work well, you have to use your AI Visual Mod v1.0 after installing the ships.
Bothersome is offline   Reply With Quote