View Single Post
Old 08-21-13, 10:15 PM   #2247
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Trevally had mistakenly left some lifeboat files in the OHIIv2.1.. I don't remember exactly in which folders.. so OHIIv2.1 could work without mistakes only with lifeboat mods installed also.. something like that, if I remember correctly..

EDIT: on the other hand, I saw these mistakes only using SH Validator by TDW and I don't remember any troubles in my game for this reason..
Thanks volodya61. I corrected version #s on earlier post after time to reflect on this. OPEN HORIZONS II_full v2.2 came out so fast, with lifeboat CTD fix and the new Memel port, after OPEN HORIZONS II_full v2.1.

I definitely had CTDs when I updated my modlist with OPEN HORIZONS II_full v2.1 after returning to the bunker, not a campaign. At the same time, fellow subsimmers were talking about CTDs after the new v2.1 came out. Troubleshooting began!

I ran the SH validator and told me some LifeBoat*.cfg files were missing or referencing other data not to be found from somewhere else. I actually had the lifeboat mods in my available mods list that solved the problem. I never used them, AND were never enabled during the CTDs. So I had a vague memory about their file structure.

Config files were calling for the files either in the data\Sea\NLifeBoat_02 or data\Sea\NLifeBoat_01 folders that were not there. Duplicated the necessary files for the folders needed. Problem solved and reported back to Trevally and reverified.

Last edited by Mikemike47; 08-21-13 at 10:48 PM.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote