Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Here is what your sextant mask looks like in game (no eye reflection):
Looks quite good.

Quote:
All the code was written and tested and working perfectly. When you click the Enable sextant button the game will:
- dynamically load the correct texture (thus saving memory but not having another large dds loaded!) replacing the UZO texture with it
- set the zoom level to the level specified by the patch file (1.0X) - no need to specify additional zoom levels for UZO
- lock out the ability to zoom/unzoom
- enable the sextant for use

Clicking Disable sextant button will:
- unload the sextant mask texture and load back the correct texture for the UZO
- restore the zoom level for the UZO (whatever it was before sextant was enabled)
- restore ability to zoom/unzoom
- disable sextant use
Simply brilliant

Quote:
The only way to get out of the Sextant station is by pressing Disable sextant button. Pressing ESC does nothing (I locked it out).
Why

Quote:
@gap - your crosshairs are just a little off. You'll see when you have the mod and play it
I have put the two lines at the same horizontal/vertical offsets as the attack scope. I am not surprised that my mask is a bit off anyway: the problem is that there is no way to center exactly a 1-pixel-wide line in an image with an even number of pixels. I see two easy solutions though: removing the crosshair at all, or making it two pixels wide and reducing a bit its opacity so that it won't disturb. Which one do you think is best?

Quote:
I'm making 3 additional add-on mods:
- one that will have no mask for the sextant
- one that will have gap's sextant mask
- one that will have gap's sextant mask with eye reflection
Should I make a third version with smaller sight size?

Quote:
Now just have to convert the decimal digits into minutes and seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post

Yesterday I told to Gap that many years ago I didn't get a yacht captain's license just because I didn't want to study the true navigation.. and now it caught me again..
This game is making us every day better persons, and it is transforming us in programmers, 3d modellers, engineers, mechanics, graphic artists, sailors, astronomers, explorers, historians, nazi fanatics... ops please ignore my last statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
m8 the nearest sea from my home it's at 520 Km i am not a sailer, i was 3 years Sea lifeguard in Sicilia Palermo when i was young ( 18 - 21 years )
You have been a young lifeguard in my native city

I wonder how you ended up here

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
i learn to navigate at another place ( i can't say where here )
must be something embarassing

...okay I will take a crack at it: was in in a nudist beach in the Greek Island of Mykonos
gap is offline   Reply With Quote