View Single Post
Old 07-25-13, 07:58 AM   #3
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

On an XP Operating System follow the path "My Documents/SH4/data/cfg" folders to find the "main.cfg" file.

On a Vista OS (and anything newer) the path will be a little different. Open "YourComputersName/Documents/SH4/data/cfg". Opening the file "main.cfg" with Windows Notepad will allow you to change the resolution that the game uses.

Look for the [VIDEO] section, then "Resolution=". On my system, the default resolution is given as "Resolution=1024,768,60,22". The third value is the Refresh Rate, the 4th is the Color Depth. I don't know why its set to 22 and not 32, just leave it alone. "Save" your changes, and exit the file.

I found this option useful when I was messing around with a game resolution that my 32" TV couldn't recognize or render, yet the resolution was "offered" in the "Graphic Settings" of the game. I chose the resolution then exited to Windows, restarting with the new resolution. Upon restarting the screen went black. I had to either use "Task Manager" to get out of the game, or shut the computer down with a restart. Resetting the resolution of the game to the default 1024,768 parameter in the "main.cfg" file allowed the game to be displayed once again!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote