View Single Post
Old 07-17-13, 01:53 PM   #21
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandslaw View Post
I posted this in another thread... \"Did I make a mistake when I elected True for every item in the five files ...
No, you didn't. Starting with v1.0.100.0, the patcher checks that interdependent patches are all enabled (when you enabled at least one of them) before actually patching the game. On the contrary, there are not reciprocally incompatible patches, a far as I can remember.

In any case, before enabling any patch it is alway a good idea to read its tooltip to make sure that it suits your needs and for getting instructions on its correct usage. Also note that several patches require you to enable some additional tweaks through JSGME or to activate them through New UI's options editor, in order to work properly.

Quote:
sometimes there were 3 or more items.... are they alternatives?
Can you make an example? Some patches are grouped on the basis of their functionality, but before giving you a definitive answer I need to know what you are talking about exactly.

Quote:
Can I use NEWUI 7.4.2 real navigation?
Of course you can, but beware that it will remove the U-boat mark from the map, and before getting used to it you will likely get lost a dozen of times. Yet, once you get accustomed your fun will be doubled

Quote:
What else am I missing that is preventing me from hearing the prop rotation noise of the target at the hydro station?
You didn't answer my question (or I missed it): are you testing the hydrophone using always the same test mission?

Also, have you tried with no mods enabled?

There is a little chance that some audio files or the sound settings of some ships got corrupted. Locating you problem could get very long though, and at this point I am afraid that you best option is to re-install the game

Quote:
Some mods specifically state do not enable full mod... select first what option u want..... and enable that submod via Gen Mod Enabler...
I guess you are referring in particular to a folder of New UI's. If so, yes you are correct: you should enable just one of the mods contained in that folder. They are scope mods, IIRC.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote