View Single Post
Old 07-15-13, 12:19 AM   #420
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
I think Das Boot did a better job that Japanese film sought to demonize the US and idolize the Japanese.I only saw a few minutes of the film but it looked like pure idealized propaganda to me a better Japanese point of view film would be "Letters From Iwo Jima" it humanizes without a Mack truck dump truck dumping a ton of horse manure on top of you.
I noticed a bit of that in the Japanese film... I know it's a propaganda thing...but it's a good film and it made me think a bit.

Quote:
Like I mentioned in some threads before a friend of mine his wife is from Okinawa she is actually Ryukian not pure Japanese but they go to Japanese schools and they do not teach anything truthful about WWII Japan this woman did not learn much truth about WWII and Japanese involvement from a neutral perspective until she left Japan.
That's one thing that always interested me.

How do they teach WW2 in the former Axis countries?

I started up a thread about it in the past and I remember you talking about your friend's wife. There were some good answers in that thread by people from these countries.

Sadly, the GT-Disease struck it and started up a huge argument and then it died off.