View Single Post
Old 07-14-13, 10:17 PM   #416
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
That is a Toho movie the largest film company in Japan they did the Godzilla films and all of Akira Kurosawas films where published by Toho(Seven Samurai,Yojimbo).

Saipan was a major blow to Japan in Japanese minds this was the point of no return.Even though they did some pretty nasty things i have to say I feel for the enlisted Japanese serviceman they where often treated very poorly by their officers.The film does seem a bit stylized you would never have seen an officer dress down a Marine for saying Japs.For example refusal to obey an order even an immoral one was very harshly punished.
This is a good movie even if it's not historically and factually correct. I haven't really seen or read much about the Japanese point of view on the war. It's an interesting movie.

The Japanese sure did have it rough. I just think they should've had a better strategy towards the end of the war.

Quote:
Not sure if posting the video link is within the site rules though this is a fairly new film and not public domain but am no expert so unless a mod tells you other wise I guess it is ok and it has been on youtube for over a month.
There have been other movies linked in this thread. That went by okay so I assume that it is within the rules. If I am told otherwise, I will comply and take it down and replace with the IMDb link to the movie info page.