View Single Post
Old 07-09-13, 06:43 PM   #1341
tippership
Watch

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Iowa BBs??

I am having issues getting the IOWAs to engage using their guns- (RA 1.3.7)

i put two Iowas next to each other, then put two Sverdlov (one is the Sverdlov BB, the other the Sverdlov CG) about 10 nm from them, had them all set to attack each other in the editor, then slapped a oliver hazard perry nearby so i would have a front row seat to the action - and ran the mission and every time, the Sverdlov's just start going to town on the iowas and beating them up badly with their guns while the Iowas don't do anything, except when they get even closer, when they FINALLY toss a tomahawk or two every now and then, but after that, they launched their helos and had them use their Mark 54's to attack the Sverdlov.. ...Really?

...um, what about , i don't know, those big 406 mm guns? Seems they'd be pretty useful in a gun fight.. No?

So guns are too cool for the US, but not for the russians?

I can't figure out why they won't engage- any ideas? Or is this a problem with the Iowa BB platform from SCX /NWP(since i am guessing they used the same unit from those mods)

How would you get the Iowa's to engage? They should be able to shoot forward, so it's not a problem of what direction they are facing....

Range? I ...doubt it, though i'll put them RIGHT NEXT to each other and see if that does it.

When i set up the Mission, it involved two Iowa BB's against one Sverdlov BB and one Sverdlov CG

EDIT: Hey, i just opened up both units in DWEdit, and in the object dialog menu, I noticed the Iowa has

Mission priorties AAW set to 2, Strike set to 1, and SUW, ASW, and Recon and comms set to zero

But for Both the Sverdlov BB and the Sverdlov CG , they have

SUW set to 2, AAW, ASW, and Strike set to 1, and recon and comms set to zero
- Is this the ai behavior priority i'm looking at? And if it is, does it affect weapons?
...So wait, the Iowa's don't consider enemy ships a massive threat, while the Sverdlov ships DO, and will start attacking surface units a lot?

..If this is it, then that needs to be tweaked in RA, right????

EDIT#2: Nope, i set IOWA SUW to 3, and in the mission Iowas and the Sverdlovs went RIGHT past each other at point blank range with the Iowas getting beat up.

...., I am out of ideas of what causes the Iowa to not want to engage the enemy ships

, I really want a good gun battle. ... any help? ????

Last edited by tippership; 07-09-13 at 07:42 PM.
tippership is offline   Reply With Quote