View Single Post
Old 07-09-13, 05:11 AM   #2309
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
How hard would it be to make something work like an indicator for enemy harbors . All the info for what ports they were in is here . I just need something able to be put in the campaign with the mission editor 2 . Any ideas . Some kind of sensor that can alert nearby vessels and aircraft to my subs presence . A floating mine would do .
http://indicatorloops.com/loops.htm
Hi Sober, your idea is good, and the website you have pointed got plenty of precious information.

I am still of the idea that one or more lines of stripped down subs (or, even better, semi-submerged ships) equipped with an omnidirectional sonar, is just what we need in order to implement your idea. I can be wrong, but I am confident that a tiny, submerged, motionless, silent object in the ocean will easily pass unobserved to our sensors, while still being able to detect us or other foe units.

The only precondition that we need to check, is AI sonars to still work without the sonar sound controller that usually is coupled with them, since, for obvious reasons, we don't want to hear our dummy indicator loops while they are pinging us.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote