Thread: CO2 bug
View Single Post
Old 07-05-13, 07:05 AM   #32
in_vino_vomitus
XO

Downloads: 137
Uploads: 0

On the same subject, once again, a long way from the sea. On my arctic training in Norway, there were four of us in a snowhole and outside a blizzard was raging. We were using a liquid-fuel double burner to cook with that gave off a lot of heat, and we'd closed up the entrance to the snowhole, leaving the usual ventilation hole, with a ski pole through it to keep it clear.

Suddenly the burner went out, then the candles did too. someone struck a match to relight it, but the sulphur fizzled away and then went out as well. After three more attempts, I think the same thought occurred to all of us at once "We have no air!!!", and it's scary to think that it took so long given that we all know what makes fire work and how to stop it.

As far as the actual bug goes, when I see it I just save and reload, which fixes it. I've noticed a similar thing with the Silent running command which may well have the same underlying cause - anyway the command is acknowledged but not executed, which has got me in trouble in the past, but the save and reload fix works there too.
1.5 Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for TMO 2.5
1.5 OTC Realistic Scopes for TMO
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v2_0_SH4
Improved Stock environment v3_TMO&RFB
TMO_Alt_engine-sounds
TMO_Alternate_JS_Radar_performance
TMO17_19_different_smoke
in_vino_vomitus is offline   Reply With Quote