View Single Post
Old 06-29-13, 05:14 AM   #2175
airsangel
Loader

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Yea, sometimes you assigned to zones where you dont get the main actions when you think you should.Think it perhaps it was for realism sake, you wont always be in on the big actions and sub war was mostly separated from the big fleet actions.Also depends on the dates, also depends on date/flotilla.Great thing about RSRD is it does not penalize you, it authorizes you to hunt outside your area "if units are encountered" . I had trouble with RSRD initially.My advice is to open the Mission Editor, open up RSRD, look at the file Battle of Midway for example, can get an idea of the area you need to be in or if you want to ensure you are there, get the coordinates etc.

I recently neglected an assignment.September 1942 with a Narwhal class, I was ordered to Tokyo to patrol while all the Guadalcanal action was happening, so I headed for the Solomons.Witnssed Battle of Santa Cruz Islands, Cape Esperance, Battleship fight at Gauadalcanal on November 13, and the next one on November 14/15.Then I headed home after 60 days on patrol.

RSRD is great in it recreates battles in rather accurate manner.Tougher in early war also because you dont have radar, so not as easy to find them.Stumbling across them in the wide open ocean is about how it was in RL, mostly luck.
thanks alot..and yes i will leave the patrol area !!.i did find 2 carriers once by luck as you said
airsangel is offline   Reply With Quote