Old 06-19-13, 11:04 PM   #213
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
Maybe.
You choose to ignore part of my post I think to still feel unsure.

Well either way Reagan's greatest progressive goal was the abolishment of nuclear weapons he and Gorbachev did try they failed at the end goal but they did end up greatly easing tensions and did agree on reduction treaties.You look that up and find it to be true in many places have an honest historical objective.That fact alone lets you know that Regan really did want to try and protect as best as possible Americans from nuclear holocaust that is why he so firmly believed in SDI because he saw that as a technology that would make a Nuclear weapon useless."The Day After" showed the effect of war on innocent people so it would strengthen his resolve to do have the best defense against such an event.

The idea that Regan viewed "The Day After" and wrote down a list of things to change implies that he disliked its message and was not impressed with the film.Basically it is a neoconservative myth.Anyway the subject of Ronald Reagan and his actual deeds and policies good and bad and the neoconservative myth of his deeds is an entirely different topic of discussion an interesting one indeed though I can such a thread going on for many pages as would a topic on the myth of how great Franklin Delano Roosevelt was again ignoring facts and seeking only to place on a pedestal an idealized view.

Another nuclear war movie you might check out is "Dr.Strangelove".

Last edited by Stealhead; 06-19-13 at 11:16 PM.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote