Old 06-16-13, 06:10 PM   #113
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
"I was getting to you...sorry."
I've had it happen more times than I can remember, but the only time I ever actually reacted badly was when I was in line at a Burger King. There were around eight people in line. I walked around them to the other register and saw the sign: "Register Closed". Well, that explained why there was only one long line. I went to the back of the line and waited. The line moved. Some more people came in and did the same. They saw the sign then went to the back of the line.

Finally about fifteen minutes later he finished waiting on the couple in front of me and it was my turn. At the same time a couple of kids about his own age walked around the line and up to the closed register. I figured they would do the same, but suddenly he turned away from me and to them, and said "I can help you over here." Something snapped. I very quietly asked "You can what?"

He blinked at me and said "What?"

I said "Since I came in here fifteen minutes ago people have been seeing the closed register and going to the back of the line. Now you suddenly want to let two friends of yours walk around everybody? I don't think so. I want to talk to your manager."

"Um, he's not here right now."

"When will he be here?"

"Um, I'm not sure."

"Okay, get him on the phone."

"But I have customers to wait on."

"Yeah. You have me to wait on, but you'd rather let your friends cut to the front of the line."

"Um, I can wait on you now."

"I have a better idea. You can wait on whoever you like. I'm going home and looking up your manager myself. Then I'm going to call the regional director. Then I just might call the president of the whole damned company." And I walked out. To my surprise, so did everyone else in the line. Also to my surprise I never actually raised my voice or shouted. I did call the manager, though. I don't know what happened after that. Never really cared either.

Third surprise, though it shouldn't have been: When I finally snap, I snap good.