View Single Post
Old 05-17-13, 02:48 PM   #3
Redmane
Torpedoman

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default A possible answer

It seems to me, when choosing a screen resolution for the game, whichever one you choose should not distort the image on your screen. My monitor doesn't do a good job with 1920x1080, aspect ratio 16:9, for SH4. The dials and ships always look a bit "squashed", meaning the ships look shorter than they actually are, and the dials all look a bit like eggs, rather than properly circular. I found that at an 8:5 aspect ratio, resolution 1680x1050, my monitor displays everything properly, so that's what I use. OTC is a fine piece of work, and I have used it over TMO. CapnScurvy has done an amazing amount of work to fix problems with accuracy in the game caused by the rather careless work of the devs. I however found that for my own tastes, playing TMO/OTC changed TMO in ways that I missed, so I'm currently back to just TMO, though I do wish I could incorporate the aspect ratio fixes that CapnScurvy made into TMO itself.

As far as TMO/OTC, I think you will find the scopes/TBT to be much easier to use in low light conditions, as the darkness of the attack scope is not there like it is in plain TMO. A bit of a long way to your answer, but I believe it should be "yes."

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bullet-proof. -V
Redmane is offline   Reply With Quote