View Single Post
Old 05-10-13, 10:31 AM   #6625
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Thomek View Post
Got a technical question about heavy rolling in the IIA. As a sailor, I disagree with the amount and type of roll experienced in the 2A at periscope depth. (It's too fast basically, a heavy object that far under the waves should roll slower and less in general. Not talking about storms here, but 10m/s winds..)

As a player I find it perhaps a bit too hard to set the mast height of my targets with the amount of roll experienced.

Now the great question:

Is there a way to reduce or slow down the amount of roll in the IIA?
Welcome aboard, N_Thomek!

Easiest way to correct it is to turn it off in the Realism (sic) options. Just uncheck No Stabilize View. IIRC, h.sie says that Hitman says (Whew!) that playing with stabilization on is closer to R/L U-boats than the heavy roll you are fighting. Stock, it's a 5% hit on renown, but you can just edit the GameplaySettings.cfg file to make that go away. (Or live with the -5% - either way, it is your game. No prizes are awarded.) Play NYGM, and it's no hit at all.

I don't know of any mods that affect pitch and roll, but I'd guess they almost certainly exist. After 8+ years, there's nearly a mod for everything. Anybody else help here?
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote