Quote:
Originally Posted by python27 View Post
Thanks for answering SS,

I just uninstalled SH5.
I played through the tutorial mission
'
OK Python, good to see you around and welcome

Let's try this:

Firstly - To check that the JSGME isn't corrupted please read this How to Fix Mod Soup Issue by Webster. One thing to point out is that when you move your mods to the desktop this means the mods ONLY, not the !BACKUP and !INSTLOGS folders remain.

If these issues still persist I'd say this is because a corrupt install. My suggestion is to make a complete reinstall of SH5.
Before uninstalling - make a copy of your 'C:\Users\'user account's name'\Documents\SH5
This is where all saves, personal settings and game progress are stored. After the reinstall - Put the copy back to the same place (in the Documents folder)

After the uninstall;
1. Delete all folders in the C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5 folder! And (what I suggest) run th e CCleaner to make sure no leftovers are there
2. Reinstall SH5
3. Run SH5 at least once just to make sure the game gets patched to v1.2.0.
Should happen automatically but IF it doesn't - run the C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe
4. Download a new JSGME
5. Put the ' jsgme_setup_v2.3.1.exe' into the 'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5' folder and run it.
During this first run the JSGME should ask you if you'd like to create a 'MODS' folder > answer 'Yes'.
This new MODS folder has to be the C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS folder.

Ready to go.
Put your mods in this 'MODS' folder and remember to check that your mods have the have this; 'mod's name'\data. Nothing more and nothing
less.

All of them!

Keep me posted

/SS
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote