View Single Post
Old 03-12-13, 10:31 AM   #146
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothersome View Post
But I have a bit of a weather report for you.

Date is May 16, 1943, sunny and clear for the last week or so. Winds have been about 0 to 2 m/s. I did manage to grab a pretty screen though. Pos 12d 14m S 51d 26m E.
season: summer
Min-MaxWeatherChangeInterval = 5-24 h
Min-Max WindSpeed = 3-15 m/s

I start wondering if my wind settings are applied at all, lol,
your reported wind speeds are often off the ranges set by me. I see three possible explainations:

- I made some mistake
- those wind speed ranges are somehow randomized, though I see it improbable
- if you are moving fast from a zone to the next one, the new wind speed settings are not applied until the weather change interval of the previous weather zone has elapsed. I lean toward this last hypothesis; if that was true, the proper way to test weather settings for each given zone should be by staying at full stop for a few days.

Quote:
I turned off shadows to increase the frame which went to max 60Hz constantly. I didn't know shadows costs so much processing.

Quote:
I also had to remove IRAI 0.39 because it was causing a crash to DT too often. Usually when a plane was to be rendered. Since I have removed it (at bunker) I have not had a single crash since.
try enabling the previous version. Planes AI was reworked in the last version, but there are probably some bugs in it.

Quote:
Did I mention there are tons of planes to be avoided here? They're getting desperate too, coming out at different times in the night to find my little ol' Unterseeboot. I guess they got wind that a 4 time Night's Cross Captain is in the area.
Blame it on Trevally!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote