Old 03-12-13, 09:46 AM   #145
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Fog in DE is a bit more complex...
In real, i don't believe there are days and days of non stop fog like we can see in OHII.
I suppose you meant DynEnv here, OHII has no role in weather generation

Quote:
Fog on sea is usually on quite localized areas, and can desappear as fast as it was coming
It's created because of warmer air on cold sea surface (even the inverse!) but as soon as both are almost same temperature (i.e warmed by sun) fog desappear...
Sea currents play huge part of it too (when there are some).

Other type of sea fog is the coastal fog (happening very often at the end of night in autumn/winter) and very localized (no more further than 5 miles away from coasts) almost everywhere in Europe. It can be very heavy, but usually desappear after few hours...
I agree with all you are suggesting. It would be reflected in DynEnv yet, if it was possible...

Quote:
I wish you could adjust the fog in DE (might be not possible?) so its duration would be greatly decreased, maybe its frequency increase (still not sure about...) but happening in regard of seasons.
And cherry on cake would be coastal fog the mornings!
Unfortunately we have little space for altering SH weather, unless TDW finds a way to hack the relevant game code. The only parameters we can freely edit are the ones I have listed in my comments to bothersome's reports, i.e. season's durations and alternation and, for each season, min/max weather change interval and wind speed. Multiply it for each climate/weather zone (we can have up a maximum of 256 of them). That's all.

According to information I have received from one of the devs, only current season affects fog/rain occurrence in a way predetermined in game code. I am now investigating if, by any chance, also wind speeds and weather change ranges can affect precipitations.

You all can help me, by sending me your detailed weather reports, under various weather conditions. The more detailed and close together the reports, the more we can undesrtand. At this point, generic complaints like "lately I had more fog than sunny days", though respectable, are not going to help us solving the issue.

Quote:
EDIT: about rain in DE, i rarely see it, and that's a little shame.
For some reason, i remember some career with quite a lot...
This seems to be Bothersome's case

gap is offline   Reply With Quote