View Single Post
Old 03-07-13, 09:57 PM   #517
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchOU View Post
Any word on an overall Campaign fix? To a more IL2 standard lenghty campaign (hell I'd take 20 missions over what they have now).
I think that the Campaign is pretty low on their list of priorities at the moment, however there are a couple of user made campaigns by Heinkill (who is, in my opinion, one of the top people for getting sim-BOB news from) which you can find here:
http://bobgamehub.blogspot.co.uk/

However, I have a feeling that it'll be a while before we have the amount of missions for CloD that we do for IL2 at the moment, if indeed we ever do at all, it is quite possible that now 777 are on board for Battle For Moscow, that the IL2 fanbase will skip CloD and go straight to BoM to create their campaigns and missions...that's if it's not another complete train-wreck.
So, in regards to CloD, it's going to be a mainly multiplayer game, split between two servers, ATAG and (I think) SoW (can't remember the name off hand, think it's Storm of War), and when Team Fusion release their patch, and the ATAG server loads it up, well...it's going to be mainly an ATAG server game. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, the ATAG chaps seem good folk and the server is good for whiling away the hours whilst trying to hunt down targets.

Now...if you want a realistic, fully dynamic, playable from both sides campaign which features the Battle of Britain, with squadrons modelled down to the individual aircraft paint schemes and unit codes. If you want dogfights with hundreds of aircraft in the sky at the same time (something not even IL2 can manage properly) with the full chaotic furballs of Summer 1940 recreated.
Well, then, you want to get Battle of Britain II: Wings of Victory.
The graphics are not up to CloD, they are more in the direction of IL2, but it makes up for it in every single other department. The AI is not god-like, the 110 you are chasing may well panic and stall, or do something completely illogical because the AI pilot made a mistake, the radio chatter is much better (more immersive than IL2 and CloD IMHO), and the whole thing is just that much more of a better experience than CloD (as it is now) and IL2. The only real downsides are a few bugs here and there (but the modding group BDG is always hard at work squashing them) and no multiplayer (although that IS apparently being worked on).

So, in conclusion, play BOBII for singleplayer, and CloD for multiplayer for the best Battle of Britain experience.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote