View Single Post
Old 03-06-13, 02:06 PM   #2996
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo View Post
Just two vids I did to test out rendering and framerates before i start editing a much bigger bolder feature
Very nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Damo just beautiful .
What about a less modern looking font for the title , David is a good one .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo View Post
Thankyou Sober! The font was a mistake, it should have been the same as the smaller writing, but hey, just testing so we'll call it a.... placeholder.
Besides replacing the font, as suggested by sober, I would also reuduce U-boat's and camera speeds. Everything looks like it was accelerated, and imoho spoils the feeling of quietness before the battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Not one of the SH games has fixed the fact that the purpose of a harbor is to protect ships from the weather. So the Panzerschiffe is rocking back and forth like it's in a storm and your poor u-boat is bouncing up and down like a cork in what we English-speakers call "safe harbor".

None of which is your fault, of course, and I apologize for going off on a tangent, but it was so obvious to me that it hurt. I'll try not to do it again.
On the contrary, this is actually a good remark Steve.
I am sure that the issue can be addressed by creating some ne weather zones with reduced wind speeds (and since we are at it, cloudy water color to simulate harbors pollution). The only drawback to this workaround, is that looking for the right pixels of ClimateZones.tga were to place the windless zones, would take a lot of time
gap is offline   Reply With Quote