View Single Post
Old 02-26-13, 01:13 PM   #12
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemon View Post
Firstly big THANK YOU for all mods around here to make SH really impressive game.

Just wanned get some info, im sure its lurking around in forums, but till now I was not able to locate it. Seeing some stuff in game files, I wanna check with You how actually traffic mechanics working on SH4 and RSRDC mod. My questions are:

1. Does AI single (single merchants or warships) ships are generated by probability around You or they actually traveling a assigned routes?
a) what about convoys?
b) Task forces?
c) Planes

2. If using RSRDC mod, and i found a merchant, does other time with identical situation (same time and same place) Me or other person with other PC, but same RSRDC mod will also found him as same ship, heading same bearing and on same speed?
a) What about convoys?
b) Task Forces?
c) Planes

3. Can someone explain just basics of editing a ships traffic, just wanna know how it difficult is to edit a single ship traffic?
a) Editing convoy route?
b) Editing task force route?
c) Editing planes appearance?

4. Also creating new or editing existing one mission, for non campaign, how difficult it is?
a) For single payer mission...
b) For multi players mission

I would be really thankfull for time to answer these questions, which is already headache for some time with trying found out it my self
90% Groups in RSRD are fixed groups, simply they always spawn once, follow the exact same course, speed, etc., to maintain historical realism. When building any group, you have a number of parameters and percentages that determine the make up of the group, spawn instances, generic ships. RSRD basically uses 100% probabilites and spawns groups once., except for sub hunting groups, planes, etc.. RSRD is historic, the only downside is groups have no random factors, so once you learn the traffic, you can always find it in the same place.

Explaining the basics of editing is difficult. There is a manual somewhere explaining how to use the ME. It's not that difficult, but it does take time to learn what each setting does.

Be warned making changes with the ME to RSRD can mess it up if you start making changes to the wrong groups as stated in the RSRD doc. You don't want to make changes to group properties to RSRD using the ME, change courses, etc. He did a lot of hand editing outside the ME, so the wrong changes can screw things up. It's not that you can't make changes, you just have to follow the same protocol he used.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote